The Leslieviller will always be free to use.
Donations are sincerely appreciated.
  Follow activity on The Leslieviller
in your favorite social networks:

Thanks to our advertisers for keeping this site free to use! If you'd like to advertise on The Leslieviller, start with this information.

Just thought we would let all our fellow "Leslievillers" know that we are open. I'm sure most of you got tired of walking past our boarded up windows seeing our "Coming Soon" sign, but we have opened our doors and invite you to come try the neighbourhood's first sophisticated sushi restaurant. We are now Licensed as well and have also just added a bunch of tasty hot fall dishes.

Open: Tuesday through Sunday
Hours:Dinner 5:30PM - Till Late

Chech out our website for more details: www.districtbistro.ca

Call to make a reservation, or order your take out or pick-up order
Tel: 647 34 SUSHI, which is 647 347 8744
Address: 806 Queen Street East, Toronto, ON, M4M 1H7

Tags: District, Sushi, bistro, japanese, modern, restaurant

Views: 64

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought the name of the place was Coming Soon. Heh. Glad you made it open.
Congratulations! A friend of mine had dinner at District on Saturday and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to checking it out.
I just had a wonderful dinner at District!  It's a few minutes walk from the heart of Leslieville but well worth it for something different in a really comfortable and welcoming atmosphere.  The service was fantastic, the food was fantastic...overall we had a really enjoyable meal and experience.  The servings are big which surprised us given it's a tapas style restaurant but no complaints here.  They also have a nice selection of veggie rolls for those who may not eat fish.  We had the beef dumpling soup which was huge and really tasty, some veggie rolls, a spicy roll (which was super spicy!) and a noodle dish.  All were really great.  I can't wait to go back!
My husband and I have eaten at District twice now and are kind of obsessed with it. Both times we have had the soba noodle salad, the dynamite rolls, and the crunchy lime salmon. This is definintely enough for two people to share. The food has been AMAZING and the service is great! We love it and will be going again soon, I'm sure!
We went for dinner last night, the food was excellent. The service on the other hand wasn't the greatest, I will say it was unusually busy for a Wednesday night, however the server lacked a sense of urgency and wasn't really moving that quickly given how busy it was. There were dirty dishes were stacked up on the bar the entire time which took away from the experience. That being said I would go back again since the food was great and it's a really cute place just hope that it was an off night for service and next time it'll be better.
The last couple of times I was there (I've been back since I last posted! :) they were training a new server -- I was there last Friday & it was his first day on the job. So that's probably what's behind the slower service...I'm sure it'll get ironed out!

JL21 said:
We went for dinner last night, the food was excellent. The service on the other hand wasn't the greatest, I will say it was unusually busy for a Wednesday night, however the server lacked a sense of urgency and wasn't really moving that quickly given how busy it was. There were dirty dishes were stacked up on the bar the entire time which took away from the experience. That being said I would go back again since the food was great and it's a really cute place just hope that it was an off night for service and next time it'll be better.
No the server was alone, she did mention that she was alone and it was busy she just didn't seem to think stepping it up would help make the experience better, instead she just kept her usual pace and let people wait.  I will say, I'm fussy though I was a server forever so these things are difficult for me to ignore. Like I said overal it was a good experience, it was just hard to watch all the things she was choosing not to do, leaving the bar dirty and moving slowly, as I think it would've made the experience amazing if she would've had more of a sense of good service.  She was pleasant though, which was nice. 
We were really impressed with the meal we had this weekend - very tasty. The food was quite slow to arrive but the server comped us some spicy beans to make up for the wait. We'll go back for sure.

JL21 said:
No the server was alone, she did mention that she was alone and it was busy she just didn't seem to think stepping it up would help make the experience better, instead she just kept her usual pace and let people wait.  I will say, I'm fussy though I was a server forever so these things are difficult for me to ignore. Like I said overal it was a good experience, it was just hard to watch all the things she was choosing not to do, leaving the bar dirty and moving slowly, as I think it would've made the experience amazing if she would've had more of a sense of good service.  She was pleasant though, which was nice. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LESLIEVILLE ON TWITTER

© 2014   8844615 Canada Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service