The Leslieviller will always be free to use.
Donations are sincerely appreciated.
  Follow activity on The Leslieviller
in your favorite social networks:

Thanks to our advertisers for keeping this site free to use! If you'd like to advertise on The Leslieviller, start with this information.

Earl Grey Senior Public School, one of the Danforth’s oldest neighbourhood schools, celebrates its centenary milestone on November 6th 2010. We invite all former students, staff, and community partners to join the party since this reunion would be incomplete without our dear supporters.

A journey begins with a single step; for many, a lifetime of school memories began with two years at Earl Grey. A dedicated group of Earl Grey alumni and staff are eager to welcome other ex-Eagles back to the nest, eager to share how this school has influenced them over a lifetime. Many continue to cherish strong memories of beloved and well-respected individuals such as the late Bob Holmeshaw, a long-serving principal and coach who recognized the potential that existed with each child.

On November 6th, the school will host a variety of events including the unveiling of the Robert Holmeshaw Wall of Fame, decade rooms, a meet-and-greet, staff reunion, as well as a dinner and dance later in the evening. We will have a number of special guests and alumni who will help us celebrate this milestone in the school's history.

The reunion committee is inviting individuals to register at the reunion website at www.earlgreyreunion.ca. Registering on the website will keep people up to date on reunion plans, registration details, as well as confirmed participants. For those without internet access, a mailbox and a voice mailbox for the reunion committee will be set up at the school.

Tags: earl, grey

Views: 254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what a great milestone to be celebrating in the neighbourhood! congratulations, and have a great party!
Not sure if people know this but Earl Grey Sr. PS was the template for the early Degrassi Street series (as opposed to the slick series now on Much Music).

Thanks for the good wishes!
sounds like a party theme in the making. :)

Snowy Lamb said:
Not sure if people know this but Earl Grey Sr. PS was the template for the early Degrassi Street series (as opposed to the slick series now on Much Music).

Thanks for the good wishes!
I will be there, my mother attended classes at Earl Grey when she arrived in Canada... and not only was it the template they shot a bunch of episodes in the school.

I remember them shooting when I was younger around the corner from my house. Great middle school in the middle of the city.
Hi Angie,

Awesome! Please register on the reunion website, www.earlgreyreunion.ca, and do tell your freinds and family. And good luck on the upcoming municipal elections as I see that you are a candidate in Ward 30!

Angie Tingas said:
I will be there, my mother attended classes at Earl Grey when she arrived in Canada... and not only was it the template they shot a bunch of episodes in the school.

I remember them shooting when I was younger around the corner from my house. Great middle school in the middle of the city.
Thank you Snowy,

My mother and her twin attended Earl Grey... not sure if we've met before, but I was at the pool saving meeting! I have a great appreciation for Earl Grey. I sometimes wish I didn't go to french school so that I could have gone there with all the other pre-teens in my neighbourhood. It was definitely the COOLER school to attend.

I will be there, as a citizen of the ward to support and bring my mom!

Cheers!
Memories. Misty, water-coloured memories.
Just wanted to bump this discussion up. The reunion is just over a week away. Got a look at the swag that can be purchased upon registration for the event and these are lovely keepsake reminders of the reunion: a tote bag, mug, flashlight/whistle, reporter's notebook in a reusable cover with pen.

See you on Sat. Nov. 6th at Earl Grey Sr. P.S.!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LESLIEVILLE ON TWITTER

© 2014   8844615 Canada Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service