The Leslieviller will always be free to use.
Donations are sincerely appreciated.
  Follow activity on The Leslieviller
in your favorite social networks:

Thanks to our advertisers for keeping this site free to use! If you'd like to advertise on The Leslieviller, start with this information.

Over the past few weeks, my partner and I have been dealing with the most frustrating of experiences with a furniture retailer in Leslieville - Flik and Company. Unfortunately, we have been left with no choice but to pursue legal action.

In a nutshell, we made a final payment for a sofa and two arm chairs after notification from the owner of Flik and Co that it was ready and would be delivered in a few days. Now almost four weeks later, there has been nothing but a long string of blatant lies and unfulfilled commitments (e.g. 5 missed deliveries). We have since tracked down the manufacturer who has not even finished the pieces. It has been so ridiculous that last week a fictitious delivery man even texted us multiple times to say that he was on his away with the delivery. He never showed up.

We became most concerned after we came across a Toronto blog this week showing recent postings by other customers who have experienced deception and possible fraud at the hands of Flik & Company at 989 Queen Street East, Toronto.

To see those entries, click here: http://www.blogto.com/design/flik-and-company

We are reaching out this week to local media, trade publications, government, business groups and consumer protection organizations to tell our story.

We would appreciate it if you would help us by sharing this note with your family, friends and contacts – especially those who are buying new homes or in the market for new furniture.

While we simply want what we paid for, or our money back – we also want to ensure that none of our friends or their friends or family have to go through what we’ve been enduring.

For those of you who want some more detail to get a sense for how surreal this experience has been for us, we have a meticulous chronology of events and communications.

While we are sure that Flik & Company has made some customers happy, our experience shows that you should think twice about dealing with them.

If you know anyone who has a similar experience with Flik & Company, please let us know and share your stories.

Thank you.

Tags: Company, Flik, Howard, Stephan

Views: 1381

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I too am going through the same thing....I ordered a sofa on January 29th, and Stephen had told me it would be 4 weeks...we are now going on 9 weeks and the same thing....it's the delivery guys fault. I too am going through lies, and nothing but a stream of e-mails. Just yesterday he told me that the delivery guys were at my place in front of a door which is a bunch of B.S..I live in a condo and they can't get in without me or security. I too am now considering taking legal action. I would love to speak to you and your outcome.
It is so unbelievable!!! I paid $995 in full for a couch and nothing to show for...I cannot believe this is happening...now he's ignoring all my emails...All i want to do is pick up my couch at this so called warehouse and he totally ignores my request.

Scotch Egg said:
Sounds like this guy needs to be investigated for fraud. You might want to forward this thread to the local cops, when you call them.
not that I want to respond to this nor do i feel I have to...but realize that all the people that complained before all received thier couches.....they all received them in a shorter time then others that I have heard have waited 16 weeks down the street to the left and also down the street to the right....9 weeks is nothing for a couch....12 weeks is common and every one of them have recieved them....Ana will get hers this week.....too bad she doesnt post the comments of me offering her a store credit and giving her the stock piece in the same colour as the one she ordered for a good discount...
you know websites post all the bad and it is a little more then ridiculous....really....it is all about a couch...
as far as fraud...perhaps Mr Egg dude...look up what it means in the dictionary and figure it all out...there is nothing fraudulent going on - it is all about delivery.

Mr. Egg said:
Hold on...you handed over a grand in cash with no paperwork? Nothing?
Hello Ana, I'm sorry to hear about another frustrated customer. After about two months of not hearing from Stephan, I have been promised my refund this week (not for the first time, I might add, but Stephan and I have managed to return to civil discourse). I will let Leslievillers know whether I receive it.
Yes, Stephen offered me a store credit and to take the couch in the store...why would I take the store in the couch and than a store credit, when my couch has been made...to me that doesn't make sense..the couch has been made and paid for.

And really..it's all about a couch??? really??? yes it's all about a couch and principle at that. A paid for couch and a delivery promised 2 weeks ago and nothing to show for...and it's all about a couch? WOW...that's all I have to say.

Judy, I am happy that you are able to get a refund....I was told I would get my couch this week...I've been looking at an empty space for 3 months now.

I too will let Leslievillers know if he comes through and I get my couch this week. This website doesn't post bad but the truth...my stomach sank when read this blog and blog t.o that this is a regular occurance.

Thank you Mr. Egg for backing others...you too are a person of principle and integrity and once again thank you.
Hey thanks for the vote! I'm running for Mayor.
Might not be a bad idea to post a link to this on a couple of the Lesieville facebook groups. Also on the Leslieville Yahoo forum. Sounds like this guy is giving the hood a bad name.
I do hate to join ANY thread on this website or defend this business (I'm not) but I don't think he's giving the hood a bad name, if anything he's giving his own store a bad name, that's it - his store does not speak for the hood. OOPS now I have opened yet another floodgate.

Cecil parry said:
Might not be a bad idea to post a link to this on a couple of the Lesieville facebook groups. Also on the Leslieville Yahoo forum. Sounds like this guy is giving the hood a bad name.
Cmon Rich, yer a friendly guy. Threads are fun. Couches can be too, if they're delivered when they're promised.

I think he's just saying that we don't need a bad retailer in Leslieville. I know the Beach certainly has a reputation.
I have another angle on Stephan's bad business practice. I won't go into all of the details because it's been going on for 6 months now but I sold Stephan some vintage furniture in Sept. ('09) and was paid $2000 by cheque which bounced then given a 2nd cheque which also bounced. Stephan claims the money was in his account but there was a hold on it but bottom line is I didn't get paid. Since then he has been stringing me along with lies - family emergency, out with a client and can't get to the bank, left my computer at the store so can't send an email money transfer etc.. Our lawyer sent him a letter which he totally ignored. He said we should take him to small claims court that it would be fun for him. I called him at home and he threatened to have us arrested for calling about business after hours. He paid me $500 2 weeks ago and claimed he'd pay me $500 per week until I was paid. Last week he went so far as to say he sent the 2nd email money transfer and that I'd accepted it which I didn't receive at all. After telling him I didn't receive it he phoned me and called me a liar, whore, said my husband is probably cheating on me, and I'm the ugliest woman he's ever seen with the stupidest haircut and that's why gay men exist. He went on and on. It was quite shocking. He then called me 10 mins. later like nothing had happened and said he'd send the payment once his bank reversed the socalled transfer I never got (and he probably never sent.) He promised another payment yesterday then this morning and again just excuses. We've tried everything and have given him a Friday deadline before hiring a collection agency to get the money for us.
Oh boy!! Cindy, I wish I read all this before I stepped foot into that store and gave him my money

cindy said:
I have another angle on Stephan's bad business practice. I won't go into all of the details because it's been going on for 6 months now but I sold Stephan some vintage furniture in Sept. ('09) and was paid $2000 by cheque which bounced then given a 2nd cheque which also bounced. Stephan claims the money was in his account but there was a hold on it but bottom line is I didn't get paid. Since then he has been stringing me along with lies - family emergency, out with a client and can't get to the bank, left my computer at the store so can't send an email money transfer etc.. Our lawyer sent him a letter which he totally ignored. He said we should take him to small claims court that it would be fun for him. I called him at home and he threatened to have us arrested for calling about business after hours. He paid me $500 2 weeks ago and claimed he'd pay me $500 per week until I was paid. Last week he went so far as to say he sent the 2nd email money transfer and that I'd accepted it which I didn't receive at all. After telling him I didn't receive it he phoned me and called me a liar, whore, said my husband is probably cheating on me, and I'm the ugliest woman he's ever seen with the stupidest haircut and that's why gay men exist. He went on and on. It was quite shocking. He then called me 10 mins. later like nothing had happened and said he'd send the payment once his bank reversed the socalled transfer I never got (and he probably never sent.) He promised another payment yesterday then this morning and again just excuses. We've tried everything and have given him a Friday deadline before hiring a collection agency to get the money for us.
Why not just call the police and have him charged with theft or fraud? I'd skip small claims, because he'd just get fined and clearly THAT won't work.

cindy said:

RSS

Blog Posts

Leslieville Local Business Marketing - 10 ways to use TheLeslieviller.com

Posted by Nolin (Admin) on February 3, 2011 at 12:00pm 4 Comments

When I launched this site in early 2009, one of the compelling reasons for doing so was that I was struck by how many of the businesses in Leslieville are locally owned and operated.  Another big observation was (and still is) how proud most…

Continue

LESLIEVILLE ON TWITTER

© 2014   8844615 Canada Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service