The Leslieviller will always be free to use.
Donations are sincerely appreciated.
  Follow activity on The Leslieviller
in your favorite social networks:

Thanks to our advertisers for keeping this site free to use! If you'd like to advertise on The Leslieviller, start with this information.

New place on Queen Street East, near OK OK. A new bar?

Views: 3689

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does anyone have the phone # for Goods & Provisions??? Cannot find it anywhere... there was one 647 number listed online, but there is a message that the customer does not have their voicemail set up... Thank you!

They told me that they purposely have not advertised a telephone no. as they do not take reservations at the moment. Even Comrade did not have their number.

Does anybody have their URL or hours?  I can't find either.  

They're trying to keep things on the down low and aren't planning a website.  Believe their hours are 6pm-1am.

Well, they just lost 3 customers.  I've been showing up there before not knowing their hours and they were closed.  Not doing that again.  My time is valuable.  Websites are $15/month or less.  

Thanks Jen.  

^^

Same experience.

My family and in-laws were visiting a few weeks back and we planned to dine at Good and Provisions. We were dining early but had no idea when it opened. Walked to G&P and it was closed. Plans were busted, we googled and called Prohibition and asked if it was possible to accommodate 8 people on short notice and they said yes.

15 minutes later we were seated and happy.

A website with basic info is not a bad idea... unless it's the McGugans pub website. 

Actually you can be cheap and cheerful and use blogger or tumblr and websites are free. Basic info would be helpful no matter how "on the down low" you might want to be.

Scratch Egg said:

Well, they just lost 3 customers.  I've been showing up there before not knowing their hours and they were closed.  Not doing that again.  My time is valuable.  Websites are $15/month or less.  

Thanks Jen.  

oh brother - call me old school but isn't it a little pathetic if you can't manage to eat somwehere without the aid of the internet?

Without the internet sure, but I think to not even have a phone - even one with just a recording on it giving your hours - is pretty smug, and borders on disrespectful.

I walked past the place last night.  The only indication of hours was on a chalkboard.  I don't think that in 2011 I have to walk past a restaurant in order to find out when they are open.  And who opens at 6?  What if it rains?  Are they not open?

For the life of me, too many businesses represent themselves with Flash-heavy sites that try to give me some kind of experience when I want to see if they are open for business.  They don't tell me where they are, what they serve, and when they are open.  Queen Margherita insisted on reservations through their website, yet didn't answer questions sent to them.  Then they give you the guilt trip if you arrive without a reservation.  And then people are surprised that restaurants close.  

To be hip and ironic, you have answered your own question.  Yes it is pathetic that we drown in the Internets, and I can't find a way to spend my money at this place.  I guess it's for Mennonites.  

TC said:

oh brother - call me old school but isn't it a little pathetic if you can't manage to eat somwehere without the aid of the internet?

Did you read what I put?  This Internet thing isn't big because people are bored.  It actually serves a purpose.  

I have to admit I found the lack of a website with the hours or the ability to call a little annoying too.  I mean I live in the immediate area so it wasn't a huge deal but I would have preferred to know without having to walk down.  As it turns out they were closed and I headed to Prohibition as well.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LESLIEVILLE ON TWITTER

© 2014   8844615 Canada Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service