The Leslieviller will always be free to use.
Donations are sincerely appreciated.
  Follow activity on The Leslieviller
in your favorite social networks:

Thanks to our advertisers for keeping this site free to use! If you'd like to advertise on The Leslieviller, start with this information.

Called "The Eastender" ... straightforward menu with choice to please all, reasonable prices ... Anyone who gives it a try please report back! 

Views: 1383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, my wife and I checked it out on Friday....posted a review on yelp. http://www.yelp.ca/biz/the-east-ender-toronto

Overall, I was impressed by the food.  Service could be refined.  

I had dinner there on Thursday evening. 

For apps we had the pork belly sliders (SO good) and the seared tuna (slightly overcooked but still delicious).

For mains, we had the chili-chocolate short rib, the bison bavette, the Moroccan lamb shank, and the slow-cooked chicken. 

For dessert we shared the the flourless chocolate cake with caramelized peanuts - yum!

Wines were reasonably priced.

Everything we ordered was delicious and the portions were bigger than expected. The owners were friendly, the service was casual and we enjoyed our evening. We will be going back!

Any phone #?

647-346-3278

The East Ender is a fantastic addition to Leslieville!  The food is great and the wines are well priced.  

We shared the dry ribs and seared tuna for apps.  Both were delicious.

For mains, we shared the mussels and the quail with gnocchi.  The mussels had a nice level of spiciness and an amazing combination of flavours.  The gnocchi was to die for.

For dessert we had the lemon parfait with a homemade marshmallow.  Make sure you save room for it!

Overall, it was a great dining experience.  We will definitely go back.

Website now up at http://www.theeastender.ca

Sounds like a great fit for the neighbourhood!

I checked out the restaurant a few days ago. It was really busy for a newly opened restaurant.

I ordered dry pork ribs, and my gf did iceberg wedge salad for apps. 

The ribs were really tasty. I loved this dish!

My gf enjoyed the salad, so i stole a bite (and she got kinda upset). It was perfect on a hot day.

Our mains were seafood stew and lamb shank. Both were really good.

The wait staff mentioned something like they will be open for brunch on Mother's Day.

Does anyone know about this? cuz I am thinking to ask my mom to come down to town. 

I just talked to the owner who said they will be running a set menu for Mother's Day, 11 - 3, $19.

I ate there on Friday for a special occasion.  The food was very good, maybe not great quite yet.  I thought the wait staff was fine.  The owner was very personable and fun.

There are definitely a few "loose ends" that need to be addressed.  The lights kept going out in the kitchen area for one thing.  But perhaps the main problem was it was really hot in the restaurant towards the end of the night.  I think these are probably just normal start-up issues.  

We would definitely go back again.  The prices were reasonable...not cheap but fair I think. Give it a try.

We ate there last Friday May 11.  The owner is lovely - very friendly.   Service was spotty -- we waited 15 minutes for our order to be taken or bread to be brought to the table - all the while many staff walked by not making eye contact.   Beyond that - food was tasty, except for the Bison  which was was really chewy (a thread of silver skin running right through the middle ruined the otherwise good flavouring).   By the time we left it was bustling -- a good sign for a new place.  We'll try it again once they work out the front of the house kinks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LESLIEVILLE ON TWITTER

© 2014   8844615 Canada Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service