The Leslieviller will always be free to use.
Donations are sincerely appreciated.
  Follow activity on The Leslieviller
in your favorite social networks:

Thanks to our advertisers for keeping this site free to use! If you'd like to advertise on The Leslieviller, start with this information.

I thought I'd start a list of new places that were opening soon around the hood.

Pulp Kitchen - 1127 Queen Street East
lil' bean n' green (www.lilbeanandgreen.com) - 1133 Queen St. East
Steep and Infused (www.steepedandinfused.com/)
Le Papillon on the Park (http://lepapilloneast.com)
What Are You Looking At Bar And Lounge - 996 Queen Street East,

Views: 12153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like Flight Centre at the Inspired Cook location will be opening. 

NK said:

Hi All!

Anyone know what is planned to replace the old Sophie location?  Toast location?  Inspired Cook location?

There is also a place next to the Tattooist and Velvet on the North side of Queen at Logan....any idea what will be going in there?

Exciting to see new places popping up!

We were told by GBK employees that it was bought the owner of them and McGugans. I wonder if GBK will expand or if it will be another new venture.

Jane Martin said:

Just walked on Gerrard by GBK and McGugans and the junk store that was next door to GBK is closed and looks like someone is taking it over. Anyone know what is going in there? I love the transformation that is taking place along this strip.

Riverside Public House (what I heard, so don't shoot me if it changes)

The Blue Moon has set.  Apparently the gutting job is larger than expected.  Couple of months, from what I heard.  

Just passed what was an abandon space (ex jewelry store) on Gerrard between Greenwood and Coxwell - now has a sign 'GAS (Gerrard Art Space)' Any word on what this is exactly?

If I'm not mistaken, the permit in the window mentioned something about a Chinese restaurant. It had a restaurant name but I don't remember it exactly.

m b said:

We were told by GBK employees that it was bought the owner of them and McGugans. I wonder if GBK will expand or if it will be another new venture.

Jane Martin said:

Just walked on Gerrard by GBK and McGugans and the junk store that was next door to GBK is closed and looks like someone is taking it over. Anyone know what is going in there? I love the transformation that is taking place along this strip.

Same sign also said the name of the Italian restaurant...something Bambina's, I think.

JPG&R said:

If I'm not mistaken, the permit in the window mentioned something about a Chinese restaurant. It had a restaurant name but I don't remember it exactly.

m b said:

We were told by GBK employees that it was bought the owner of them and McGugans. I wonder if GBK will expand or if it will be another new venture.

Jane Martin said:

Just walked on Gerrard by GBK and McGugans and the junk store that was next door to GBK is closed and looks like someone is taking it over. Anyone know what is going in there? I love the transformation that is taking place along this strip.

It looks like they are transferring the old liquor licence from the Chinese restaurant to the Italian one.

Just noticed today something called The Commissary opening in the little restaurant space next to Leslieville Cheese Co. Anyone have any intelligence?

My good friend and local artist, Joanne Filletti is opening an arts collective and gallery in the old Addison Plumbing store at 1390 Gerrard Street East at Woodfield. The grand opening is Saturday April 14th with New Works by Max MacDonald, another local artist. There will also be a reception on the 14th between 2 - 7pm. Hope to see you all there! Her website is www.gerrardartspace.ca.

m b said:

Just passed what was an abandon space (ex jewelry store) on Gerrard between Greenwood and Coxwell - now has a sign 'GAS (Gerrard Art Space)' Any word on what this is exactly?

The larger part of the former Tomi Kro space (they have put a brick wall in to make it into two smaller pieces, the smaller east section is still for rent) is becoming a restaurant called "Eastender(s)". With meals under $20 and wines under $40 sounds like a nice middle of the road price point that I think we're a bit short on around here. Something between Tasty Chicken and Gio's? haha!

Can't wait!!

PS they will be doing brunch too :)

How much is brunch at Tasty Chicken?  "Eggs Budweiser"?

Dunno if they serve any food at Tasty Chicken, Egg! I think the Yelpers have done a pretty good job documenting it: http://www.yelp.ca/biz/new-tasty-chicken-house-toronto#hrid:E4z5cRb...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Leslieville Local Business Marketing - 10 ways to use TheLeslieviller.com

Posted by Nolin (Admin) on February 3, 2011 at 12:00pm 4 Comments

When I launched this site in early 2009, one of the compelling reasons for doing so was that I was struck by how many of the businesses in Leslieville are locally owned and operated.  Another big observation was (and still is) how proud most…

Continue

LESLIEVILLE ON TWITTER

© 2014   8844615 Canada Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service