The Leslieviller will always be free to use.
Donations are sincerely appreciated.
  Follow activity on The Leslieviller
in your favorite social networks:

Thanks to our advertisers for keeping this site free to use! If you'd like to advertise on The Leslieviller, start with this information.

I learned something new about the Highway Traffic Act today:

143.  No driver or operator of a vehicle upon a highway shall turn the vehicle so as to proceed in the opposite direction when,

(b) on a railway crossing or within 30 metres of a railway crossing;

I've seen people pulled over on the north side of Lakeshore west of Carlaw before and never understood why...until today.

I was issued a $110 ticket that carries 2 points.  The cop said they didn't need to have a NO U-TURN sign there and it's something we learn when taking our drivers test (!)

Such a trap, catching people on a little known law, especially on a rarely used railway crossing.

Consider yourself warned! :)

Tags: driving, law, legal, traffic

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Weird.  I guess Morse Street is still ok?  Due to being a one-way street, a U-turn is the only option other than going around in a big circle if you're coming from the west.

No U turns with in something like 50 ft of railway tracks. you can look up the HTA on line.  Take the ticket to court, the crown would probably take a plea to a lesser charge.
I never heard of that one, I know you shouldn't do a U on Carlaw south of Lakeshore by the gas station. I have done that a few times, I guess crime is down if the cops have time to worry about U turns.
I actually got caught doing exactly this. The cop just happened to be coming down Morse St just as I was pulling the u-turn. I ended up taking it to court though. My case got thrown out because the cop never showed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LESLIEVILLE ON TWITTER

© 2014   8844615 Canada Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service