The Leslieviller will always be free to use.
Donations are sincerely appreciated.
  Follow activity on The Leslieviller
in your favorite social networks:

Thanks to our advertisers for keeping this site free to use! If you'd like to advertise on The Leslieviller, start with this information.

A bunch of the features aren't working for me. I can't delete this discussion/post a new discussion in a group/message members in a group/get to my personal inbox. When I try to click the appropriate buttons nothing happens (though Firefox sometimes shows a javascript error).

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probably the board. Restart your browser, try again.
Still having issues Naomi? May have been a temporary glitch with Ning. 
Let's see if this works...
Yup! Thanks! I recently re-installed so I thought it might be me.
Spoke too hastily. I still can't post in groups (book swap specifically) or send a message, etc. Though I can post in threads now.
Hi Naomi - I just joined the book swap group with a non-admin account and was able to post on the comment wall. Is that what you're still having troubles with?

Naomi Eaton said:
Spoke too hastily. I still can't post in groups (book swap specifically) or send a message, etc. Though I can post in threads now.
Hey,

Yeah, I still can't post on Book Swap, etc. It must be my computer missing some sort of software. Thank you for your help!

This is what I wanted to post on Book Swap:

So...anyone able to help co-ordinate a shelf/donated books? I think the Jimmy Simpson Rec Centre (as I already organized) is a good location since people are already going there often.

I had another thought: what if we had a set night every other week at the same place and time rather than trying to fit everyone's schedule? I'd be happy to host it. That would also give many people enough time to finish up a book to pass along. Thoughts?
I also can't see the chats, or edit posts. This is really weird. I'm going to try updating Flash, Java, etc.
So I'm in IE and it all seems to be working. Definitely a Firefox issue...I think I may have switched from 32 to 64 bit when I reinstalled Windows. Restarting Firefox doesn't help. I think it may be because there is no compatible Flash for IE/Firefox 64 bit versions?
Ok, finally realized it can't be Flash because Youtube still works fine in Firefox. In case my Ad-Block parameters changed I disabled it just for this site. Sure enough, that's what is doing it. Thanks, everyone!
That would do it...many of those ad blockers turn disable all sorts of javascript, which is used to power a lot of interactive functionality like forms and text editors on websites these days.

Nice work on the troubleshooting!

Naomi Eaton said:
Ok, finally realized it can't be Flash because Youtube still works fine in Firefox. In case my Ad-Block parameters changed I disabled it just for this site. Sure enough, that's what is doing it. Thanks, everyone!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Leslieville Local Business Marketing - 10 ways to use TheLeslieviller.com

Posted by Nolin (Admin) on February 3, 2011 at 12:00pm 4 Comments

When I launched this site in early 2009, one of the compelling reasons for doing so was that I was struck by how many of the businesses in Leslieville are locally owned and operated.  Another big observation was (and still is) how proud most…

Continue

LESLIEVILLE ON TWITTER

© 2018   8844615 Canada Inc.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service