The Leslieviller will always be free to use.
Donations are sincerely appreciated.
  Follow activity on The Leslieviller
in your favorite social networks:

Thanks to our advertisers for keeping this site free to use! If you'd like to advertise on The Leslieviller, start with this information.

Greetings.

Had a couple of afternoon meet-ups at Stratenger's this summer, and general thought was that we might get better attendance if we had an evening meeting in the fall -- maybe one of the meeting rooms at the Ralph Thornton Centre, maybe have a speaker in to talk about a topic for a half-hour, followed by coffee and networking.

Is there interest? Let me know. We could shoot for an evening near the end of September.

Ben was involved in a small business association before he moved to Leslieville, and there are definitely some things that would be beneficial: we could have speakers in on a regular basis, network regularly, and start to take advantage of each other's skill set.

Tags: association, business, meet-up, small

Views: 359

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like a great idea but Sept. is insane for me so I may look to Oct. or Nov. to attend.

Cheers,
Fahmida Bhabha
Art of Movement Pilates Plus

Pat,

It is very nice to meet you within the Leslieviller.  I am the Branch Manager at the RBC Branch in Leslieville (Canadian Tire Plaza) and have held 3 Business Seminar's/Networking events at the Branch over the last 18 months that were very successful (20-30ppl in attendance)  I will once again be hosting a Business Networking Event on Tuesday Oct 18th at 7.30am at our Queen and Lee RBC Branch location.  We will be having a Business owner from the area do a short presentation on a topic of interest followed by networking, coffee and breakfast treats.  I would like to extend an invitation for you to attend with anyone you think would be interested whether or not your are RBC Clients.  We welcome all !

Please email me or post if you have any questions.  I will be posting a PDF on the site over the next week or two to advertise the event. 

Take care and hope to speak soon.

Marcie Cardinal

marcie.cardinal@rbc.com

416-461-3949

Hi Pat,

Sounds like a great idea and if I'm available I would definitely attend!

Thanks for putting it out there.

Jenn

Hi Pat, 

Great to meet you, and hi to Jenn - love this idea of connecting with people in the 'hood.  It's a great thing.  I'm going to be posting some workshops shortly - and have some great news from a little tiny client of 9 who just won the Rising Star competition and $1500... rather proud of her!

I do public speaking coaching and singing performance coaching as well.  More information at Voice Empowerment - www.voiceempowerment.com.  I work offsite a great deal, in the Annex, and in the hood, depending on the project.

Looking forward to meeting with you all!  

Mary Michaela Weber

Pat,

That sounds like a wonderful idea; I'm in. I've been hoping for an opportunity to connect with other small business owners in the area. September may be a bit tough for me too, but please do keep us posted!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Reesa Del Duca

Ballyhoo Society Graphic Design

I would be interested! Julie from Atelier Jewellery Boutique

I would be interested in this, I'm new to Leslieville and just getting started up.

Laura Bowman

Bowman Law Office (www.bowmanlawoffice.ca

OK, looks like we've got critical mass. Let me try to get us a room at Ralph Thornton.

I've gotten us pencilled in on the Ralph Thornton calendar for Wednesday, September 29th, 7pm-8:30pm.

It's tentative until I go over there on Monday and fill out forms and get approval :-)

Please pencil the date and time on your calendar!

Unfortunately I'm out of town from the 28th - October 4th. Count me in for the next meeting though!

Love this idea. Everything I pruchase I try to keep as close to home as possible in order to keep a propsperous neighborhood with thriving business'. I'm in 100%!

It's booked and confirmed! Ralph Thornton Centre, 2nd floor, 7-8:30pm on Wednesday, September 28th. There will be chairs to sit in, and a table to put business cards or pamphlets. Bring your own coffee/tea/water, let's figure out what, if anything, we want to do together on a regular basis. Hope to see you there!

RSS

LESLIEVILLE ON TWITTER

© 2014   8844615 Canada Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service