The Leslieviller will always be free to use.
Donations are sincerely appreciated.
  Follow activity on The Leslieviller
in your favorite social networks:

Thanks to our advertisers for keeping this site free to use! If you'd like to advertise on The Leslieviller, start with this information.

Dropped by The Jerk on Thursday Jan 5 and the lovely ladies there told me that at the end of January they will be closing. Seems the building was sold. They didn't know much else but I speculate some condo's will be popping up as that whole stretch of Broadview is currently a construction zone. 

Views: 1766

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

out with gritty in with the new...don't kid yourselves...the food was mediocre and the building hideous

check out was was there before they tore it down

ok point taken. any idea what those railings are for on the sidewalk?

chris said:

out with gritty in with the new...don't kid yourselves...the food was mediocre and the building hideous

They were washrooms.  Underground.  

So what's to come:  hundreds more people, and no food, and yet another glass & steel building with nothing to offer.  Floor retail where these places get built, is close to bland, tasteless, and highly predictable.  

chris said:

wonder if they're still there?

Scratch Egg said:

They were washrooms.  Underground.  

I doubt it.  

Alan Jones said:

wonder if they're still there?

Did you know that traffic is down this year in Leslieville and businesses are suffering? increased density (of the right kind) is good for business. You are correct to be worried about the proposed architecture for this new building...Toronto can become like Manhattan if city planning and strict architecture rules are upheld. 

Scratch Egg said:

So what's to come:  hundreds more people, and no food, and yet another glass & steel building with nothing to offer.  Floor retail where these places get built, is close to bland, tasteless, and highly predictable.  

chris said:

Are you seriously arguing that point?  How is increased density good for business that it's replacing?  The Real Jerk's business will probably be...zero, now that the place it's leasing will be knocked down.  Oh, and for increased business, there are empty retail units underneath the newly renovated, newly condo'd Carlaw Avenue.  Your model is too simple.  

Here let me make it simple for you:

The condo will have street level retail in an area like Queen east...

Increased density due to condos = more people with disposable income in this area = more foot traffic = more people who are hungry and need to eat= more business for restaurants

Dont worry about the Real Jerk...look at the Danforth (Greektown) restaurants come and go...it's part of life

Scratch Egg said:

Are you seriously arguing that point?  How is increased density good for business that it's replacing?  The Real Jerk's business will probably be...zero, now that the place it's leasing will be knocked down.  Oh, and for increased business, there are empty retail units underneath the newly renovated, newly condo'd Carlaw Avenue.  Your model is too simple.  

Let me make it simple for you:  Get some remedial business education, and you'll see how this is hugely simple.  No restaurant = no food.  See how that works?

chris said:

Increased density due to condos = more people with jobs = more foot traffic = more people who are hungry and need to eat= more business for restaurants

you just like to argue no matter how dumb your point.

Why will there be no restaurant (s)?

There will most likely be street level retails space in this new condo- a new restaurant can occupy this retail space.

Or there are many currently unleased spaces in this neighbourhood that can be occupied by a restaurant...

Who is stopping the Real Jerk from occupying an empty space in Leslieville- there are many between Broadview and Leslie Street..

If there is increased density and therefore increased demand for places to eat- restaurants will come. There is plenty of retail space available on Queen East...

I hate that you try to act all smart Scratch Egg at the expense of demeaning others.

Scratch Egg said:

Let me make it simple for you:  Get some remedial business education, and you'll see how this is hugely simple.  No restaurant = no food.  See how that works?

chris said:

Increased density due to condos = more people with jobs = more foot traffic = more people who are hungry and need to eat= more business for restaurants

Chris, I have a lot more education in stuff like this than you do.  Your life might be simple, but life works a bit differently.  You just don't get what I'm saying, that's all.  For the most part I don't spend time presenting information to people who just don't get it.  

Just this morning, someone in the neighbourhood mentioned that another restaurant, whom I will not mention, was not happy to see The Broadview Lofts get built.  They said "it was the beginning of the end".  I'd like to see anybody put Stratengers inside a new condo building.  Not going to happen.  The Avro?  Not a chance.  

Now, to answer your question: If The Real Jerk is forced to move, they won't be around.  See how that works?  What is keeping them from opening up in another spot?  The cost perhaps.  Or the threat that another developer will do the same as where they are now.  Two quick answers that you didn't think of.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LESLIEVILLE ON TWITTER

© 2014   8844615 Canada Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service