The Leslieviller will always be free to use.
Donations are sincerely appreciated.
  Follow activity on The Leslieviller
in your favorite social networks:

Thanks to our advertisers for keeping this site free to use! If you'd like to advertise on The Leslieviller, start with this information.

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is a good new mom/baby group in Leslieville right now?  (this is for my brother and SIL who just had a baby a few days ago). As I understand it, Public Health's "When Baby Comes Home" is not not in operation anymore (which sucks - my group was what got me through the first few weeks/months of parenthood).  I know there must be some programs at the drop-in centres, I just thought I would come on here first to get the scoop to pass along to them.  

Thanks!

Kate

Views: 73

Replies to This Discussion

The Public Health program is the only formal program I know of. A lot of people start their own groups through this website. I've met tons of moms from this site alone.

L'il Bean on Queen is a great place to meet moms as well. Check their site as I know they hold seminars, events, etc.

Good Luck.

Connie

Hi Kate,

I had a baby boy on December 26th and I was told by Public Health that the "When Baby Comes Home" program is now "Living and Learning with Baby". 

My name has been placed on the list for the next program in the area and apparently I will receive a call to confirm the time and location of the program.  The contact name and number I was given is Debbie Ettienne at 416-397-4423.

If you hear of any other programs or groups starting up from anyone else, I would appreciate it if you could let me know!  

Thanks,

Pamela 

Hi Kate - I joined two groups that were great - one at the South Rverdale Health Centre called Jump Start (I think the Ralph Thornton may offer something like this as well) and one at the Health Centre at Queen and Coxwell.  Both groups offered snacks for the parents which was much appreciate during those first blurry weeks.

Good luck,

Karen 

There's Applegrove drop in centre as well...

http://www.applegrovecc.ca/progfamily.htm

My daughter and I have joined the Living and Learning with Baby program.  It starts March 23rd.  If your brother and SIL haven't been contacted, let them know that now might be a good tiem to call.

RSS

LESLIEVILLE ON TWITTER

© 2014   8844615 Canada Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service